6.09.2005

Fish

Buzz was a fish, a beautiful yellow betta who would rip your fins off as soon as look at you. He was a good fish. All those who knew Buzz will be saddened to learn that he has passed away. I cried. I didn't expect to; he was, after all, just a fish, and I, after all, had always thought that fish were pretty lame pets. But then I got Buzz and his arch-enemy Copper (who's still alive and swimming), and they were so beautiful and funny and nice to have around. I was sad to see that pass away - a little reminder that this beautiful world is broken and that everything isn't as it should be. But also a little reminder to hope for what's to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger goodnight moon said...

Yeah, I'm glad you're blogging! Sorry to hear about Buzz...you know, I don't think I ever knew his name was Buzz...

11:40 AM  
Blogger Nueva Texan said...

Thanks for your notes of sympathy. :) I don't think we'll replace Buzz anytime soon. I think Copper might actually enjoy being an only fish.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home