6.20.2005

Pride

Before the Saturday matinee presentation of Howl's Moving Castle, Thomas and I caught a preview of the new Pride and Prejudice, scheduled for release this September. As much as my husband would like for me to find a feature-length replacement for the five-hour BBC miniseries that I love, I don't think it's gonna happen. From the preview, it looks like they've tried to turn Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy's story into some kind of passionate affair. But it's not a passionate affair, and that's the beauty of it.

I hope that they just "spiced up" the preview, and not the movie itself.

2 Comments:

Blogger goodnight moon said...

Interesting. Why make a new one so soon?? I guess Hollywood hopes to cash in on some of BBC's success...I doubt that they could ever do better though!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Stick to the classic -- I am very skeptical that anything could replace our beloved (and pure) romance between Jennifer Ehle and COLIN FIRTH!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home